I have been repairing brass instruments for 27 years having worked for Wayne Tanabe, Karens Music, Music and Arts, and on my own for the last 8 years. With the help of my staff, we service over 1,200 instruments a year. Please have a look at my website, Facebook, and Instagram to check out all of the various things we do.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my trumpet needs to be cleaned?
- The easiest way to see if your trumpet is dirty is to pull out the tuning slide and look down the mouthpipe. If there are chunks of debris on the inside it is time to get it cleaned. Other signs are stuck slides, sluggish valves, slide tubes are bright green.
2. How often should I get my trumpet cleaned?
- We recommend instruments that are played on a regular basis to be cleaned every year.
3. How long does it take to clean my trumpet?
- 1-5 business days after we receive the trumpet.
4. What if my valves don't work?
- We always recommend a professional cleaning if you are having valve issues. If the valves are completely worn out, then you will need a valve rebuild which we do not do at the shop. We can recommend someone who does this service for you.
5. What if my slides are stuck?
- No problem. As part of the cleaning service we will get your slides out and functioning properly again.
6. Can I reuse the box?
7. Can I send my trumpet to you on my own without purchasing the box and the service?
- Yes we will receive the trumpet and send you an estimate/invoice with the cost of return shipping. Once we receive payment we will start the work.